Gallery Sales Artist Artworks Artlamp.org
Click on one of the above categories to navigate thru site.
PLEASE READ BEFORE USING YOUR OIL LAMP
This information is for your safety and for the care of your oil lamp. Please
follow the instructions below. The below instructions covers the use of all
Pyramid contemporary oil lamps.
1. USE OIL LAMP IN A LOCATION THAT IS SAFE AND OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
KEEP ALL COMBUSTIBLE MATERIAL, FURNITURE, DRAPES, ETC. AWAY FROM OIL LAMP.
Place in a location that is level and will not fall over. Do not leave oil lamp unattended.
2. Your oil lamp is made of the highest quality and latest materials available. The tubing is
copper and the glass is heat resistant. Even though the glass is strong, it will break if
dropped or misused. USE CAUTION WHEN HANDLING YOUR OIL LAMP.
3. USE ONLY ULTRA PURE LAMP OIL. Do not use any other flammable liquids. Follow Ultra
Pure Oil directions for use. Other less pure lamp oils will smoke and burn end of wick faster. Keep oil lamp full,
as this will keep the wick from burning and your lamp will burn more efficiently.
CAUTION; DO NOT PLACE OIL LAMP WITHIN THREE FEET OF CEILING.
4. Tubing connections have been specifically designed not to leak and have been tested
for leaks. One common problem is that if the lamp is overfilled, leaving a spill on the same surface as the
oil lamp, this spill is often misinterpreted as the oil lamp leaks but in fact it was overfilling the lamp that
caused the oil spill. Prior to lighting wick for the first time, place a few drops of oil on wick to assist the
wick in drawing fuel to the flame. Allow wick to absorb oil prior to lighting your oil lamps
5. Adjust wick so that 1/16" of the wick is projected above the top of the tube. If the wick
becomes burnt, pull up the wick and cut off only that portion of the wick that has become
burnt. Your oil lamp burns most efficient when the pyramid oil lamp fuel is full.
Light oil lamp, if the flame is to high, adjust the wick by slightly pulling down on the exposed wick.
The exposed portion of the wick is for adjusting the height of the flame and installing a new wick when
needed. The wick must be at least 6" long to allow the wick to draw fuel from the reservoir due to the
location of the reservoir. Wicks can be purchased from Artlamp for Artlamp customers, see Artlamp
Accessories link below.
6. Remove oil from your lamp prior to storage.
7. Replacement parts, including wicks, may be purchased from your place of purchase or directly
from the artist at www.artlamp.com/Artlamp Accessories.htm
8. With proper care, your oil lamp should provide many years of use. Thank you for purchasing
your new oil lamp.
9. Visit Artlamp at www.artlamp.org or www.artlamp.com.