Gallery Sales Artist Artworks Artlamp.org
Click on one of the above categories to navigate thru site.
PLEASE READ BEFORE USING YOUR OIL LAMP
This information is for your safety and for the care of your oil lamp. Please
follow the instructions below.
1. USE OIL LAMP IN A LOCATION THAT IS SAFE AND OUT OF THE REACH OF
CHILDREN. KEEP ALL COMBUSTIBLE MATERIAL, FURNITURE, DRAPES, ETC.
AWAY FROM OIL LAMP. Place lamp in a location that is level and will not fall or tip
over. Do not leave oil lamp unattended.
2. Your oil lamp is made of the highest quality and latest materials available. the flexible
tubing is oil resistant and the glass is heat resistant. Although the glass is strong, it will
break if dropped or misused. USE CAUTION WHEN HANDLING YOUR OIL LAMP.
3. USE ONLY ULTRA PURE LAMP OIL. Do not use any other flammable liquids. Follow
Ultra Pure Lamp Oil directions for use. Other less pure lamp oils will smoke and burn
end of wick faster.
CAUTION; DO NOT PLACE OIL LAMP WITHIN THREE FEET OF CEILING.
4. Tubing and glass connections have been specifically designed not to leak and have been
tested for leaks.
5. When filling your oil lamp, it may be necessary to rotate the lamp from left to right to allow
air to escape from the tubing. Wait a few minutes, after filling your lamp to allow the wick
to wick prior to lighting the wick. Place a few drops of oil on new wicks prior to lighting.
6. Adjust wick so that 1/16" of the wick projects above the top of the tube. If the wick
becomes burnt, pull up the wick and cut off only that portion of the wick that has become
burnt. Your lamp burns most efficient when the wick is projected 1/16" above the tube.
Light oil lamp, if the flame is to high, adjust the wick by slightly pushing or pulling the
wick into the tube.
7. The exposed wick oil lamps can easily be adjusted by moving the wick up or down.
8. If your oil lamp is provided with a flame adjustment arm handle and the wick becomes
burnt, remove the shade and remove the shade support flange, with the allen wrench
provided with your oil lamp. Turn flame adjustment arm counter clockwise three turns and
pull up wick. Cut only that portion of the wick that is burnt; adjust wick and re-tighten
9. Remove oil from your lamp prior to storage.
10. Replacement parts, including wicks can be purchased from your place of purchase or
directly from artlamp. http://www.artlamp.com/Artlamp Accessories.htm.
11. With proper care, your oil lamp should provide many years of use and enjoyment.
12. Specific instructions and specifications are included with each type contemporary oil
lamp by Artlamp.